Minecraft is probably one of the most famous games in the world. The game currently has over 126 million active players. The popular sandbox game, developed by Swedish developers Mojang, allows players to show off their creativity by building a new virtual world using different types of blocks and exploring untested waters. There are two types of Minecraft games available: Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. The former is particularly popular among gamers around the world.
Also read: Battlegrounds Mobile India: planned release date, pre-registrations, new game rules, and more
This version of the game features new combat systems and several other features that the Bedrock version does not have. Plus, one of the best parts of the game is the cross-platform playability. This means that players on different platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Xbox, PlayStation, etc. can play with each other. So if you are planning to play this art style game, here are all the details you need to know.
Also read: GTA 5: How to download GTA 5 on PC and Android smartphones from Steam and Epic Games Store?
How to Download Minecraft Java Edition Online on PC or Laptop
You can also download Minecraft Java Edition game on your PC or Laptop. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Go to minecraft.net and click on Get Minecraft Java Edition.
- Now select Computer from the list of available platforms. You will have the option to choose between Windows, macOS, and Linux. Select Windows if you are a Windows 10 user.
- If you select Windows, you will receive two games to purchase: Minecraft: Java edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 edition. You can choose according to your need. If you are playing Minecraft for the first time, we suggest you go for the first one.
- Then you will be asked to choose between Starter Collection and Master Collection. The former is priced at Rs 1,674 and the latter is priced at Rs 2,724. Choose variant and make payment.
- Now just download and install it on your PC and start playing it without any problem.
Also Read: FAUG: How To Download To Android (APK), App Store Release Date For iOS Phones, System Requirements, Game Size And More – MySmartPrice
How to Download Minecraft Free Trial on PC or Laptop
Interestingly, if you are new to this game and want to try it out first, the developers also give you the option to play the trial version. The demo version is only valid for 1 hour and 40 minutes or 5 days of playtime. So here is how you can download the trial version of Minecraft for free on your PC or laptop.
- Open the browser on your PC and search for “Minecraft Free Trial”. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
- You will see three options under the free trial version of Minecraft which includes Windows, Android, and Sony PlayStation. Click Windows to download the trial version.
- The website will take you to the Microsoft store, click Free Trial under the purchase option, and sign in with your Microsoft account by email, phone, or Skype.
Once done, the Minecraft installer app will be downloaded to your PC. Install the game on your computer by following the on-screen instructions and start playing the demo version.
Also Read: PUBG: New State: Pre-Registrations for Android and iOS Mobile Users, New Gameplay Features and More
How To Play Minecraft Online For Free On PC Or Laptop
What if we told you that you can still play Minecraft for free without needing to download or purchase the game. Mojang recently released the first version of the game which was released in 2009. The game can be played on the browser and it comes with only 32 building blocks with all the original buds and the old interface. All you need to do is go to https://classic.minecraft.net/. The website will then ask you to enter a username and press start to start playing Minecraft Classic Edition for free on your browser.
How to download Minecraft game on mobile
Minecraft is available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Minecraft is not a free game and must be purchased before downloading to your Android or iOS device. The game comes with some cool features including Creative Mode with unlimited resources. Then there is a survival mode where users have to craft weapons and armor to fend off the crowds. The game also supports multiplayer mode and one can play with up to 10 friends on multiple platforms. Here’s how to download the game from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your smartphone and search for “Minecraft” or click on these links – Android, iOS
- You will see the game with developer Mojang. Remember that this is a paid game and costs Rs 650 on Play Store and Rs 599 on Apple App Store.
- Buy the game in store. After making a successful payment, click on the Install button.
- The game will be downloaded to your smartphone. One can simply open the game to start exploring the virtual world of Minecraft.
Also read: What is “Among the United States” game, How to download and play on Android, iOS phones and PCs (mysmartialis)
How to Manually Check and Update Minecraft Game on Mobile and PC
While the latest Minecraft updates are automatically downloaded and installed on your device, this is not always the case. Sometimes you have to manually check for new updates and download them yourself. So here are some easy ways to manually check and update Minecraft game.
How to manually check and update Minecraft game on mobile?
To check and update the game manually on your Android or iOS, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Now go to the Minecraft game that you downloaded on your device. You can check it under My Apps in Play Store.
- Click the “Update” button, if available and the game will be updated to the latest version.
How to manually check and update Minecraft Java Edition game on PC?
Here’s how to manually check for Minecraft updates on your PC:
- Open Minecraft Launcher on your PC.
- On the right side of the “Play” button you will see “Latest version”
- Download and install the new update on your PC.
How to download Minecraft maps and add them to the game
There is a plethora of downloadable maps available for Minecraft. There are different types of websites that allow you to download different maps for the game. You can go to minecraftmaps.com and search for great maps that have great features. You can select the desired map from the website and download it. However, make sure the card is compatible with the current version of the game. Once done, follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the map on your desktop screen.
- Now press Windows key + R to open the Run menu and enter% appdata% .minecraft. Hit enter.
- In your Microsoft folder, you will find a folder named “Backups”. Click on this folder to open it. You will see the names of the existing worlds.
- Take the map you unzipped onto your desktop and simply drag and drop the whole folder into the “backups” folder.
- Now open Microsoft Launcher and start ‘Minecraft’. Select the single player option and you will see the new map there.
- Click “Play Selected World” to play the recently downloaded Minecraft map.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the download size of Minecraft Java Edition on PC?
The download size of Minecraft Java Edition is approximately 525MB. However, this is without different worlds, resource packs, data packs, or additional versions. The game typically takes up around 1 GB of storage on your PC.
Thanks for reading until the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technological content, visit our Facebook page