TellTale Games has been teasing gamers with their next “big idea” for quite some time now and now, they’ve finally lifted the curtain on this big secret to reveal that they’re working on the new Minecraft game which is set to arrive in 2015. It’ll be a big deal. new game created by Telltale in collaboration with Minecraft creator Mojang.
Like the developer’s previous games, this will be an episodic release, with episodes spaced weeks or months apart. While this will feature a story, it is apparently not the official story of the main character of Minecraft, Steve. In addition, he will not go into details explaining the world of Minecraft, most likely existing as a side adventure with little overall context in the big world.
More details about Minecraft: Story Mode
Aptly named Minecraft: Story Mode, details of this upcoming venture have been listed on the official Mojang website, the content of which is as follows
- Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative video game created by Telltale Games. It will be Minecraft.
- Mojang is working with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
- The first episode will be released sometime in 2015 and will be available on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices.
- Minecraft: Story Mode will release episodically, as will The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another series of developer collaboration between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
- It is not our intention to create an “official” story for Steve, or to explain the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
- The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. Not really. It was a joke.
Minecraft: Story Mode will begin releasing in early 2015 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC, Mac, iOS and Android. For now, exclusive Dr Who-niverse skins are available for purchase for more details on the purchase click here.